Prof. Dr. Azmi Hamzaoğlu who is considered As one of the best spine surgeons of the world was graduated from Istanbul Faculty of Medicine of Istanbul University in 1979 and started in the same year to his residency in Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Istanbul Faculty of Medicine of Istanbul University. He became specialist of Orthopedics and Traumatology in 1983, associated professor in 1989 and professor in 1996.
He worked in Istanbul University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology until 2004.
He worked for two years at the USA Minnesota Center for Spine Surgery which is considered to be the best of the world in spinal surgery.
In 1991, he went to Japan and continued his studies in Spine Surgery field, in University of Hokkaido.
After 2003, he founded both the orthopedic clinic at Florence Nightingale Hospital and Turkey’s first Spine Surgery Center.
Prof. Dr. Azmi Hamzaoğlu, who worked with a team of 40 people in total and performed surgeries in some difficult cases As one of the best spine surgeons of the world is Head of ‘Istanbul Scoliosis and Spine Center’ and Florence Nightingale Hospital, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology which he founded.
- Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
- Group Internatioanl Cotrel Dubousset (G.I.C.D.)
- Turkish Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Turkish Society of Spine Surgery
- SRS Corresponding Fellow, 1993
- G.I.C.D Fellow,1993
- European Spine Jounal
- Member of Editorial Board, 201Spine Deformity
- Member of Editorial Board, 2012
- GICD, elected of board member, 2004
- SRS active member, 2002
- SRS board of directors member, 2007-2009 (www.srs.org)
- IMAST (International meeting on advanced spine techniques) executive committee member, 2006-2009 (www.imastonline.com)
- IGASS (International Group for advancement in spinal science) executive committee member, 2007-(www.igass-spine.org)
- The Second International Congress on Spine Surgery, (Vice President), Turkey, 1992
- G.I.C.D. Europe Meeting, Istanbul – Turkey, 1999
- 1 st Bosphorus Spine Meeting (Vice President), Istanbul – Turkey, 2001
- 2nd Bosphorus Spine Meeting (Vice President), Istanbul – Turkey, 2002
- 3 rd Bosphorus Spine Meeting (Vice President), Istanbul – Turkey, 2003
- Middle – Ist Spine Meeting (Vice President), Istanbul – Turkey, 2004
- SRS Regional Course European and Middle East Meeting, Istanbul – Turkey, 2006
- SRS International Affairs Committee, 2005-2006
Areas of Interest:
- Spine Surgery
- Date of Birth 1956
- Place of Birth SINOP
- Spoken Languages Tr, Eng